Pages

Saturday, 6 July 2013

Ⓜⓐⓖⓘⓒ


"Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see." 
  Yesterday, I went to see Now You See Me. The most twisted, epic, clever film I've ever seen so far. At each point of the film you suppose or try coming up in vain with a perfect ending to it. In fact, even the trailer is misleading! 
  Weirdly enough, my brain linked Now You See Me to the Nina Ricci Autumn/Winter 2013-2014 Catwalk. The darkness and main colours (black and red) of the fashion show had a magician-ish touch. And in parallel to a magic trick, your attention was pulled to the dresses and not the discrete details laying around. For example, the two pianists, the st stilettos, the simple makeup and pinned up sleek hair. 
  The models literally melted into the decor, even disappeared to me. The gowns floated down the aisle. There was a va-et-vient between formal wear and glamorous gowns, a mix of silky drapes and rigid pencil skirts. 
  Well, this is my opinion on the film and my interpretation of the catwalk. I'm pretty sure Peter Copping, artistic director of Nina Ricci, didn't expect such an interpretation on his runway.
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
- S.

Click here for a better quality video.
Post a Comment

Flutter freely and check out one of these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...